Tuesday, January 12, 2010

No Longer Serving Sushi

So...it's been a really long time since I've actually updated this blog. Does that mean I wasn't serving sushi during that time? No. It just means that I stopped caring, which I'm pretty sure I alluded to at some point during a past [recent] post. I was spending so much time at work that I was just going through the motions. The amusing things that happened became part of every day, the agitating things that happened I decided I really didn't want to dwell on. And I got sick of having trouble falling asleep because I felt bad about not updating the blog. So I just stopped worrying about it all together.

And now, the saga /is/ over. My last day at work was Friday January the 8th. I worked a double. At the end of the day the owners barely acknowledged the fact that I wouldn't be coming back to work the next day as I usually would. It was payday so I got my check, tipped out, left and....all of a sudden I wasn't a server anymore. Yeah. It was that simple.

It was strange. I honestly felt somewhat sad, but I guess that just goes to show how one can grow attached to anything, even the unhappier routines in one's life. I feel the temptation to return at some point in the future, but I know that probably would not be the best choice.

I am currently traveling. Not for a long time, but perhaps that will change while I'm away. I've decided to move over to gNomadic Tendencies The Other Georgia, as I think focusing attention on something that I want to do so much--traveling--is very important. If you care to read updates on my life, go there!

No comments:

Post a Comment